FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How old must I be to participant in a MissionX adventure?
- You must be at least 18 years of age
Are their any prerequisites to sign up for a MissionX adventure holiday?
- It depends on the adventure type. There are no prerequisites for our Clandestine/Spy-themed Adventures, Escape & Evade or Desert Survival Adventures. For adventures involving firearms (i.e. Special Operations Adventure), applicants undergo an administrative assessment to determine eligibility. Eligibility is determined based on physical fitness and criminal history among other criteria. Applicants who have a felony record or show any evidence of criminal activity may not participate.
Do I need to be physically fit to complete a mission?
- While our Clandestine and Spy-themed adventures are fast-paced, they are manageable for persons in moderate physical condition. Our Escape & Evade Adventures, Desert Survival Adventure and Special Operations Adventure all require participants to be in good physical condition. In these types of adventures, participants are required to carry a combat load of equipment similar to loads carried by real solders. While carrying the combat load, participants have to run, jump, climb, crawl, rappel from high structures, enter and exit aircraft and complete other activities associated with military actions.
Do I need any previous military experience?
- No. Mission X adventures are designed to be an experience that required no previous military training.
Do I need firearms experience?
- No. Some Mission X adventures expose you to a limited degree of weapons familiarization in order to successfully engage in the adventures and individual missions.
Will I receive formal military training?
- No. Mission X adventures are designed to be an adventure experience and participants receive sufficient instruction to make the adventure realistic and extreme. However, you do not receive formal military training or information on any special operations tactics that may put real Special Forces operatives or operations at risk.
Can I book as an individual?
- Yes. These are referred to as "Private Adventures" and are available with most of our travel holidays/adventures. These will obviously costs more as the costs of certain resources can not be spread across or shared by a larger group of participants.
Can I book a group?
- Yes. These are referred to as "Group Adventures" and are available on all our our travel holidays/adventures. Typically one individual (group leader) from a group of friends or colleagues will contact us initially. From there we will book the adventure and communicate directly with the group's members to facilitate the administrative details and individual payments.
Are there any special travel requirements (e.g. visa) for New Zealand, Jordan or your other adventure destinations?
- This varies depending on which country you are a citizen of. We highly recommend that you research the entry requirements for your country prior to booking an adventure.